Great American Smokeout
Every year, on the third Thursday of November, smokers across the nation take part in the Amerian Cancer Society Great American Smokeout.
Posted by Finney County Community Health Coalition on 11/24/2014
Encourage your loved ones to become tobacco free. Be their sidekick and let them know the dangers and helath risks of tobacco use.
The benefits of quitting.
- Save money! At $5 a pack a daily smoker spends arougn $1825 a year on cigarettes.
- 20 minutes after quitting your heart rate and blood pressure drop.
- 2 weeks to 3 months after quitting your circulation imporves and your lung function increases.
- 1 year after quitting the excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a continuing smoker's.
- 10 years after quitting the risk of dying from lung cancer is about half that of a perosn who is still smoking.